- "Sir, Imperial Command has already contacted us. It's... it's Lord Vader, sir. He wishes to speak to you. Personally."
- ―An Imperial officer, to the admiral of the Harbinger
Imperial High Command, also known as Imperial Command, or High Command, was a command division in the Galactic Empire. The Sith Lord Darth Vader and Grand Admiral Thrawn were members of Imperial High Command. It had at least one subdivision, which developed new strategies and tactics as part of the Empire's five-year plans for the Outer Rim Territories.
The Imperial High Command was a command division of the Galactic Empire. During his time at the Academy for Young Imperials, while pretending to be a model cadet, Zare Leonis secretly provided information about Imperial Command to the Spectres. According to Minister Maketh Tua of Lothal, Imperial Command was not able to take action against Rebel-sympathisers who had powerful friends in the Imperial Senate.
In 2 BBY, the Imperial High Command dispatched Grand Admiral Thrawn to the Imperial Armory Complex on Lothal to investigate a high rate of faulty vehicles. Thrawn determined that a rebel cell had been sabotaging the vehicles and executed the laborer and resistance agent Morad Sumar during a demonstration on a 614-AvA speeder bike. Following the presumed destruction of the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Harbinger by the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader personally contacted the Star Destroyer's admiral.
Behind the scenesEdit
Imperial High Command was first mentioned in the reference book Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide. While its place within the greater command structure of the Galactic Empire has not been fully established in canon, it was said in Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II that Darth Vader was a member of Imperial Command. The High Command was also briefly mentioned by the Imperial officer Plumestriker in the non-Canon 2016 Disney XD television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures episode "Showdown on Hoth".
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal (Mentioned only) (First identified as High Command)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man" (First identified as Imperial High Command)
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned) (First identified as Imperial Command)