The Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, also called the Imperial II-class Destroyer and colloquially known as the "Impstar-Deuce," was a Star Destroyer model that was derived from the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. Between its two sensor globes, the Imperial II-class ships had a tower-like structure with vertical support beams, while the tractor beam targeting array of the Imperial I-class had support beams running diagonally across it.
The ISD Avenger, which participated in the Imperial victory at Hoth, was an an Imperial II-class vessel, and so was the ISD Torment, which took part in Operation: Cinder under the command of Captain Lerr Duvat.
Behind the scenesEdit
On the first page of Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part II, illustrated by Emilio Laiso, the ISD Torment was mistakenly depicted with the targeting array of an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. This was rectified in the last page of the very same issue, drawn this time by Marco Checchetto, which featured a tower similar to that of the ISD Avenger shown in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
- Star Wars: Lando, Part II
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part II
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III (First identified as Impstar-Deuce)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ ISD blueprint shown in the Star Wars Rebels chapter book Droids in Distress
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ screenshot) . “@LelalMekha It's supposed to be, though sometimes in ESB they use the 3-foot SD model as well as the 6-foot SD model.” (
- ↑ Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part II