The Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, colloquially known as the "Impstar-Deuce," was a Star Destroyer model used by the Galactic Empire. The successor of the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, it came into service in or before 5 BBY.
Built by Kuat Drive Yards, the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer was a capital ship model derived from the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. Like its predecessor, it was painted a subdued shade of gray, was wedge-shaped, had a bridge tower, and measured 1600 meter in length. However, it featured a communications tower with vertical support beams between its two deflector shield generator domes, while the Imperial I-class had a tractor beam targeting array with support beams running diagonally across it.
The Kuat Drive Yards started producing the Imperial II-class as early as 5 BBY. The ISD Avenger, which participated in the Imperial victory at Hoth, was an Imperial II-class vessel, and so was the ISD Torment, which took part in Operation: Cinder under the command of Captain Lerr Duvat.
Behind the scenesEdit
On the first page of Shattered Empire, Part II, illustrated by Emilio Laiso, the ISD Torment was mistakenly depicted with the targeting array of an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. This was rectified in the last page of the very same issue, drawn this time by Marco Checchetto, which featured a tower similar to that of the ISD Avenger shown in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Han and the Rebel Rescue
- Smuggler's Run animated comic
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars 23: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part III
- Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- Star Wars 25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part V
- Lando, Part II
- Han Solo, Part IV
- Han Solo, Part V
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Shattered Empire, Part II
- Shattered Empire, Part III (First identified as Impstar-Deuce)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Shattered Empire, Part III
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A picture of an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer appears in the book Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger . Since the book covers the first season of the TV series Star Wars Rebels, which Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide places in 5 BBY, it can be deduced that the Imperial II-class was came into service that year or earlier.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ ISD blueprint shown in the Star Wars Rebels chapter book Droids in Distress
- ↑ screenshot) . “@LelalMekha It's supposed to be, though sometimes in ESB they use the 3-foot SD model as well as the 6-foot SD model.” (
- ↑ Shattered Empire, Part II