- "It's a Star Destroyer!"
"No, That is something else."
- ―Ezra Bridger and Commander Jun Sato
The Imperial Interdictor was an experimental Interdictor-class Star Destroyer that was equipped with four gravity well projectors, allowing it to pull starships out of hyperspace. The Imperial Interdictor was placed under the command of Admiral Brom Titus of the Imperial Navy, who tested the cruiser's capabilities against a rebel patrol in the Del Zennis system. Shortly later, the Imperial Interdictor captured a rebel starship called the Liberator, the flagship of the Phoenix Cell's leader Commander Jun Sato. Among the rebel captives was Ezra Bridger, a young Jedi apprentice who was a perennial foe of the Galactic Empire.
A jubilant Admiral Titus then informed the Imperial Security Bureau Agent Kallus of his recent catch. Despite Kallus' warnings to secure Ezra, Titus disbelieved Kallus' claims that a youth could threaten the Imperial Navy. Later, several rebels—the Jedi Kanan Jarrus, the former Clone Captain Rex, and the astromech droid Chopper—infiltrated the Imperial Interdictor. They then encountered Ezra, who had already managed to free himself, and quickly freed Commander Sato and his crew. Meanwhile, Chopper and Ezra sabotaged the Interdictor's gravity well projectors. Following a skirmish aboard the Interdictor, the rebels managed to escape on the Liberator.
Admiral Titus ordered his crew to power the gravity well projectors, but they instead drew in the Interdictor's escort Arquitens-class command cruisers. The light cruisers crashed into the Imperial Interdictor; triggering an explosion that destroyed the warship and its escorts. In the midst of the explosion, the Phoenix rebels escaped into hyperspace aboard the Liberator. Admiral Titus managed to escape the Imperial Interdictor's destruction by fleeing into an escape pod and survived to report the debacle to Agent Kallus.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"