Imperial Navy Troopers, also known as Imperial fleet troopers, were elite soldiers of the Imperial Navy, the naval branch of the Galactic Empire's military. Those troopers, who were separate from the white-armored stormtroopers, were trained in advanced warfare and independent command, which included shipboard combat, repulsing boarders, and pacifying escaped detainees. Additionally, most were cross-trained in some operational duty. Like gunners and ground crewmen, Navy Troopers played a vital role in the day-to-day operations.
There were two different uniforms worn by the troopers, one of which comprised of a Imperial uniform, sometimes with code cylinders and a rank insignia plaque.The other was a uniform more aligned with Imperial technicians, although both were black in color and featured a large protective helmet with a chinstrap, not to be confused with Imperial weapons technicians who donned a similar outfit. While not as feared by Rebel troopers as their stormtrooper brethren, they still maintained an aura of importance as they participated in Imperial military assaults on installations such as during the Siege of Inyusu Tor. Nonetheless, they were most commonly found guarding and maintaining far-away outposts and mining stations within the New Order, and as a result were generally not as well trained or competent.
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin himself selected a number of Navy troopers, later known as Death Star Troopers, to set up a commanding force aboard the Death Star battle station. Aboard the Death Star, those elite troopers were charged with a variety of duties for which their combat skills were not necessarily required, such as guarding detention blocks and operating the battle station's planet-killing superlaser alongside weapons technicians.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Tarkin (First identified as Imperial Navy Trooper)
- Lost Stars
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One, Part II
- Rogue One, Part III
- Rogue One, Part V
- Rogue One, Part VI
- Bounty Hunt (Mistakenly identified as Death Star Gunner)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- All Creatures Great and Small (Indirect mention only)
- Poe Dameron 8: The Gathering Storm, Part I (Helmet only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ STAR WARS™ - Men's Imperial Officer - Black Uniform Package - Standard Line. ANOVOS. Retrieved on November 19, 2015.
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company