Imperial Navy Troopers, also known as Imperial fleet troopers were elite soldiers of the Imperial Navy, the naval branch of the Galactic Empire's military. Those troopers, who were separate from the white-armored stormtroopers, were trained in advanced warfare and independent command. Their uniform comprised of a black double breasted tunic, wide-hipped trousers that fit tightly from knee to ankle, and a large protective helmet with a chinstrap, not to be confused with Imperial weapons technicians who donned a nearly identical outfit. While not as feared by Rebel troopers as their stormtrooper brethren, they still maintained an aurora of importance as they participated in Imperial military assaults on installations such as during the Siege of Inyusu Tor. Nonetheless, they were most commonly found guarding and maintaining far-away outposts and mining stations within the New Order, and as a result were generally not as well trained or competent.
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin himself selected a number of Navy troopers, later known as Death Star Troopers, to set up a commanding force aboard the Death Star battle station. Aboard the Death Star, those elite troopers were charged with a variety of duties for which their combat skills were not necessarily required, such as guarding detention blocks and operating the battle station's planet-killing superlaser.
- Tarkin (First identified as Imperial Navy Trooper)
- Lost Stars
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- All Creatures Great and Small (Indirect mention only)