The Imperial Space, later called Imperial Sector and Bastion space, was the term given to the region of space controlled by the Galactic Empire, and later the Imperial Remnant and the Fel Empire. During the Imperial Period, it consisted of almost all the known the galaxy, from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. This term was mainly used after the New Republic became the dominant galactic government.
Little Empires: 7–8 ABYEdit
After the fall of Coruscant and the Core Worlds in 6 ABY, the Empire lost the status of galactic government. At this time, almost the entire rest of the imperial territory was shared between warlords.
The true Imperial territory included some sectors compressed between Zsinj's Empire and the Pentastar Alignment in Outer Rim Territories, a region at the south of Pentastar Alignment from Inner Rim to Outer Rim and some star systems dispersed in all the galaxy.
Thrawn's Empire : 9 ABYEdit
During his short but prolific campaign, Grand Admiral Thrawn conquered a very large amount of sectors and star systems, expanding his empire in all regions of the galaxy, from the Outer Rim Territories to the Core Worlds. At the moment of his death, he controlled more than a third of the galaxy, an equivalent territory to the New Republic. The Empire will never again be as large until the rise of the Fel Empire.
The Dark Empire: 10–11 ABYEdit
After have come back from the death, reborn Emperor Palpatine unified the different warlords and Imperial factions and launched the Operation Shadow Hand in order to restore his rule on the galaxy. Using his superweapons, he reconquered an amount of territories from Outer Rim to the Core Worlds. At this time, the Borderland Regions was a region that separated the New Republic from the Empire.
The Crimson Empire: 11 ABYEdit
This term referred to the color of the armor of the main imperial leader of this period: Carnor Jax. Quickly attacked by the New Republic after his takeover, the former Emperor's Royal Guard and his successors lost much of the reborn Palpatine's territory. They conserved only the Outer Rim sectors. In addition, the Pentastar Alignment and other warlords regained their independence after Palpatine's death.
Pellaeon's Empire: 12–17 ABYEdit
Pellaeon's Empire was the name given to the Imperial Space in 12 ABY, after the Imperial Reunification and the formation of the Imperial Remnant. After the Conference at Tsoss Beacon, Admirals Pellaeon and Daala took the control of a huge territory in the Outer Rim Territories, stretching from the limit of Outer Rim to the Wild Space, and limited at the east by the Hydian Way. This included the former Crimson Empire, Pentastar Alignment and all the warlords' territories.
The eight "backwater" sectors: 17–29 ABYEdit
- "We still hold eight sectors-over a thousand inhabited systems. We have the Fleet, nearly two hundred Star Destroyers strong. We’re still very much a force to be reckoned with."
In response of the Imperial aggression in 17 ABY, the New Republic launched an important campaign employing the full might of the New Republic Fleet. The Imperial forces were decimated and Imperial Space was subsequently reduced to eight sectors. This situation forced Pellaeon to negotiate for peace with the New Republic.
- Braxant sector
- Carrion sector
- Half of Clacis sector
- Dynali sector
- Obtrexta sector
- Perinn sector
- Half of Prefsbelt sector
- Velcar sector
The "Galactic Empire": From 30 ABYEdit
At the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Imperial Remnant reconquered its territory but also an important number of sectors aligned to the New Republic before the war. Thanks to the weakness of the Galactic Alliance, the Imperial Remnant kept the sectors. At this time Imperial Remnant was sometimes designated as Galactic Empire.
- The former eight "backwater" sectors:
- Liberated and annexed at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War:
- Albarrio sector
- Atrivis sector
- Cademimu sector
- Cassander sector
- Other half of Clacis sector
- Dantus sector
- Fath sector
- Halthor sector
- Lahara sector
- Myto sector
- Oplovis sector
- Other half of Prefsbelt sector
- Raioballo sector
- Relgim sector
- Eleven sectors in the Mid Rim, including Ariarch sector, Barsa sector, Belshar sector, Chaama sector, Churnis sector (excluding the Gilatter system), half of Glythe sector, part of Droma and Irishi sectors, Jalor sector, Londori sector and half of Pacor sector.
- Two sectors in the Expansion Region, Carvandir sector and Deadalis sector.
- Offered by Jacen Solo during the Second Galactic Civil War :
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace" (Indirect mention only in Decoded episode)
- Han Solo at Stars' End (Mentioned only)
- Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead 2
- Choices of One
- The Truce at Bakura
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- Crisis of Faith
- The Last Command (First appearance)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past
- Vision of the Future
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (as Bastion space & Imperial Sector) (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation (as Imperial Sector)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (CAA1, Caamas Document)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett