The Imperial Survey Corps (ISC) was a branch of the Imperial Military, more specifically the Imperial Navy, whose duty was the exploration of the galaxy. It was a sister organization of the Imperial Exploration Corps, also a branch of the Imperial Navy. To fulfill its mission, the ISC was often staffed with scientists and scouts; however, it never achieved much importance during the height of the New Order and thus experienced perennial manpower shortages. The Empire planned to gradually pare back the size of the ISC and eventually disband it altogether due to Emperor Palpatine's inability to control the corps—many ISC members had spirits too independent for the Empire, and some even ran information and supplies for the Rebel Alliance. Regardless of the ISC's increasingly reduced status, it was claimed that the corps was responsible for discovering a new planetary system every 207 minutes.
The ISC's preferred scout vessel was the MRX-BR Pacifier, which embodied the Imperial scout's mindset with its powerful weapon systems. However, some crews, such as those under Captain Pilia Tonth, used the Far*Reach IV PQR.
According to the Rebel Alliance general Carlist Rieekan, most of the scouts were unaware of what the Imperials would do with the data they sent back and were only in it for the adventure, and the Alliance got several defections from the branch as a result.
- "Breaking Free: The Adventures of Dannen Lifehold"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (As "Imperial Scout Service")
- The Isis Coordinates
- The Abduction
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (As "Imperial Scout Corps")
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- The Far Orbit Project
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Savage Spirits