- "There's a convoy of Troop Transports heading Northwest."
- ―Garazeb Orrelios
The Imperial Troop Transport (ITT), also known as an RTT or Recon transport, was a boxy repulsorlift ground assault vehicle used by the Galactic Empire. Developed by Ubrikkian Industries, it was used to either move Imperial stormtroopers in, or to move prisoners out. Despite not being designed for combat, the Imperial Troop Transport was fitted with two forward laser guns, and one dorsal twin laser turret.
Because of its repulsorlift engine, a hovering ITT emitted a distinct noise that made it recognizable from a distance. Two pilots and a commanding officer rode in the vehicle's cab, the bow of which was equipped with a transparisteel viewport, while up to six individuals rode on the sides of the vehicle in exposed racks, the doors of which were auto-locking. The ITT also contained a hatch in the mid-section of the vehicle that lead inside.
Although not designed as an infantry fighting vehicle, the ITT was still armed with two forward laser guns, and a single dorsal laser turret. Thanks to its ample firepower, the transport could deter most attackers. However, insertion of a foreign body in the barrel of an ITT's laser gun would cause it to explode upon firing.
The primary function of the Imperial Troop Transport was to move stormtroopers between important locations in times of conflict. A single transport could carry at least one squad of such troops. Likewise, ITTs were also used to forcibly relocate prisoners, including farmers whose land had been seized by the government. On at least one occasion, an ITT's side racks were used to transport food supplies.
- "Sir, someone's unlocked the prisoners on Transport 3."
- ―A transport driver to Yogar Lyste
The Imperial Troop Transport was designed for the Galactic Empire by Ubrikkian Industries. Eight years after the end of the Clone Wars, the Empire deployed several ITTs on Gorse to track a transporter crewed by Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus and Skelly, three individuals who had attempted to kill the Imperial Count Denetrius Vidian. Although the Troop Transports successfully located and attacked their target, the rebels still managed to escape thanks to the use of explosives and some risky maneuvers performed by Syndulla.
In 3272 LY, an Imperial unit stationed on Lothal used an ITT to transport a supply of meilooruns bought in the city of Kothal. The young Ezra Bridger, a street urchin affiliated with the Spectres, attempted to steal meilooruns from the transport, but was spotted by stormtroopers while inspecting the fruit. Shortly thereafter, Supply Officer Yogar Lyste used three ITTs to attack the farm of Morad Sumar. The farmer, his wife and an Aqualish employee were subsequently captured and put in one of the ITTs' compartments, but were rescued by Bridger and his partner Garazeb Orrelios.
Behind the scenesEdit
The design of the Imperial Troop Transport is based on the Reconnaissance Troop Transporter, which in turn is based on the Imperial Troop Transporter, a toy from Kenner Products and the first Star Wars toy released that didn't first appear in a film.
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75078 Imperial Troop Transport)
- "Star Wars Rebels Recounted"—Star Wars Insider 156
- Star Wars Rebels: Fight the Empire
- Ultimate Star Wars
- ; image #4 (of 13)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Imperial Troop Transport. Star Wars Rebels (September 7, 2014, 9:43 pm). Retrieved on September 25, 2014, 9:15 pm. "An approaching transport means one of two things: either stormtroopers are moving in, or locals are being moved out."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A New Dawn
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Ezra's Gamble
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Fighter Flight"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore