The Imperial crest was the six-spoked symbol of Sheev Palpatine's Galactic Empire. It adorned many things Imperial, from uniforms and starships to flags and propaganda posters. It was a modified version of the similarly spoked roundel that the Galactic Republic used as their crest during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial insignia was designed by John Mollo, who was the costume designer for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. In the Q&A feature of the 98th issue of Star Wars Insider magazine, Mollo revealed that he based the Imperial insignia on shapes used in 18th century fortifications.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- "Academy Cadets"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 18
- Rogue One
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as Imperial crest)