- "Imperial flags reign across the galaxy."
- ―Saw Gerrera
The Imperial crest was the six-spoked symbol of Sheev Palpatine's Galactic Empire. It adorned many things Imperial, from uniforms and starships to flags and propaganda posters. It was a modified version of the eight-spoked roundel that the Galactic Republic used as their crest during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial insignia was designed by John Mollo, who was the costume designer for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. In the Q&A feature of the 98th issue of Star Wars Insider magazine, Mollo revealed that he based the Imperial insignia on shapes used in 18th century fortifications.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- "Academy Cadets"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 18
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Imperial Super Commandos"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- Star Wars Rebels Season Four
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Shattered Empire, Part II
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as Imperial crest)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy