The Imperial crest was the symbol of the Galactic Empire and used on many things including uniforms and consoles. It was a variant of the Bendu's Galactic Roundel used by the Galactic Republic during its waning days as their crest. By 130 ABY, the crest still was in use during the New Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial crest was designed by John Mollo, who was the costume designer for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. In the Q&A feature of the 98th issue of Star Wars Insider magazine, Mollo revealed that he based the Imperial insignia on shapes used in 18th century fortifications.
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force (as Imperial insignia)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (as tattoo)
- Star Wars: Legacy 0
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Imperial Banner)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Imperial Insignia Hologram)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters