Imperial ground crews, also known as Imperial technicians, were Imperial personnel who ensured the smooth operation of Imperial craft through regular maintenance at space-bound and ground-based Imperial installations, such as the major Imperial security complex on Scarif.
These crew members were vital as they could help direct traffic where automated systems could not typically make decisions fast enough as the landing fields changed. Preferring the analog method of landing craft, technicians eyeballed distances without sensors using their Illuminated Traffic Wands. Technicians also wore piloting gear, as seen on Kent Deezling, as they were authorized to commandeer certain vessels into proper landing position.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One, Part V
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75154 TIE Striker)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- (First identified as Imperial ground crew)