- "Fortunately, we have a fully qualified medic back at HQ."
- ―Imperial Officer near Hyllyard City
The Imperial medic was a type of soldier and officer that was attached to the Galactic Empire's ground and naval forces that had specialized medical training. Imperial medics who wore stormtrooper armor were known as stormtrooper medics, but some went by the more specialized name of stormsurgeon.
While most Imperial soldiers had basic battlefield first-aid training, Imperial Medics were specially trained and equipped to treat the wounds of stormtroopers and other units in the midst of battle. To accomplish their role, they carried bacta and other medical supplies. If challenged in the field, they often made use of their E-11 blaster rifle. which they used with surprising accuracy.
They wore varying uniforms depending on which branch of the military they belonged to, and the environment in which they were deployed. On terrestrial worlds they wore the distinctive uniform of an Imperial Army trooper, and on naval ships they were dressed in a Imperial Navy Crewman's jumpsuit. Sometimes they even wore stormtrooper armor, especially in an environment with little to no atmosphere.
Medics were part of the Imperial military since it's inception. They were deployed on contested worlds such as Felucia, Kashyyyk, Raxus Prime, Maridun, and Wayland, and also on naval vessels such as the Rand Ecliptic and even the Death Star.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (PSP, PS2 and Wii versions only)
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire audio drama
- Star Wars: Empire 9: Darklighter, Part 2
- Star Wars: Empire 16: To the Last Man, Part 1
- Star Wars: Empire 18: To the Last Man, Part 3
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Heir to the Empire 6 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- 822nd Imperial Medical Corps, an unofficial organization of medically trained Imperial Star Wars Costumers