Implanters were Yuuzhan Vong creatures that "implanted" surge-coral into sentient beings to make them into slaves. Also known as "creepers", these creatures carried dozens of surge-coral seeds on their backs. The creeper would inflict pain on and disable their victims by using their feathery appendages to disrupt the victim's nervous system. The victim would then be implanted with the seeds. Relatives of implanters were used in the escalation ceremony.
It is unknown what became of the implanters after the war ended; though it can be assumed they were transplanted on Zonama Sekot where they would have joined the tampasi. If this is the case, it is very possible that the Shapers conditioned them to be used for a more benign purpose.
- Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First identified as Implanter)
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See creeper)