Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The inertial compensator, also known as the inertial damper, acceleration compensator, deceleration compensator, deceleration equalizer, or drive compensatorwas a technology used in starships, especially in starfighters and other high-performance vessels. It compensated for the intense accelerations that a spaceship underwent in the course of its normal activities; without compensators, ships would either have to accelerate much more slowly, or kill their occupants with excessive g-forces.
Inertial compensators were often dialed back from full power by experienced pilots (from 97 to 95 percent), giving them just enough inertia to feel how the ship was performing without negatively impacting their ability to pilot the ship.
Though used primarily in starships, an inertial compensator could be installed in an airspeeder. Senator Simon Greyshade used one in his custom Narglatch XJ-6 airspeeder to protect riders from the harsh maneuvers the craft was capable of.
Behind the scenesEdit
The 1998 Star Wars Encyclopedia has an "acceleration compensator" entry, which says these are used in "medium- and larger-sized spacecraft such as the Millennium Falcon." However, earlier books, such as X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, depict acceleration compensators in X-wings.
Inertial compensators may or may not be the same as repulsor-compensators.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (As "acceleration compensator")
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Acceleration Compensator")
- Starfighter Battle Book: X-wing vs TIE Interceptor (As "Acceleration Compensator")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (As "Acceleration Compensator")
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (As "inertial dampening system")
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "Acceleration Compensator")
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: )