- "There are insects everywhere, here. They're brilliant. Other than all the biting and the stinging. That's a bit annoying."
- ―Milo Graf
Insects (also called bugs) were a class of arthropods exemplified by the can-cell, Thunian wart-hornet, rot-wing, and Vashkan apidactyl species. They were characterized by a segmented body with six limbs. Other possible characteristics included wings, compound eyes, and probosces. At least some insects fed off the watery fluid circulating through plants.
In certain species, bites or stings could occur when an insect became agitated and sought to defend itself through natural defense mechanisms. In some case, said bites or stingings were mere annoyances, but in others, they could be lethal.
Species with features reminiscent of insects were referred to as "insectoid", "insect-like," or "insectile". Such species included the Geonosians, the Culisetto, the Melitto, the lyleks, and the gutkurrs.
Known insect speciesEdit
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- ↑ In Star Wars: Complete Locations, the insectoid Mustafarians are described as descending from arthropods.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The Perfect Weapon"
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Lords of the Sith