The Interdictor-class Star Destroyer was an Interdictor vessel and Star Destroyer used by the Galactic Empire that was capable of emitting an interdiction field to pull passing ships out of hyperspace.It was used against the rebellion around 4 BBY, and several featured as part of the Seventh Fleet.
The Interdictor-class possessed four spherical gravity well projectors, which contained equipment to pull a number of ships out of hyperspace. Superficially it vaguely resembled an Imperial Star Destroyer.
A prototype Interdictor-class was tested in the Del Zennis system in 4 BBY, under the command of Admiral Brom Titus. After pulling the rebel ship Liberator out of hyperspace, the crew was imprisoned. However, they escaped and sabotaged the ship, destroying it in the process of their escape.
Two were later used by Grand Admiral Thrawn's Seventh Fleet during its assault on Atollon. However, the Star Destroyer under the command of Admiral Kassius Konstantine was drawn out of position by an approaching rebel Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier. The carrier deliberately collided with the Interdictor, destroying both ships, to allow Ezra Bridger's Gauntlet to escape and seek reinforcements. The other Star Destroyer was later destroyed by a Mandalorian strike team from Clan Wren, brought by Bridger.
At the time of the Battle of Jakku, one of the last Interdictor Star Destroyers, the Spectral, guarded the shipyards of Fondor, before the fall of the planet to the New Republic. The ship left for Jakku, but was bought down by the efforts of Bak Rychuk and his droid Zeetoo.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- "The Ghost Ship"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Wreckage only)
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (First identified as Interdictor-class Star Destroyer)
- Star Wars: Armada – Interdictor Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Armada – Interdictor Expansion Pack
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- ↑ Stealth Strike takes place between "Empire Day", which marks the beginning of the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin; and "The Future of the Force", which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce it takes place in the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin (4 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas).For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ "The Ghost Ship"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down