The Intergalactic Zoological Society, or IZS for short, was a society devoted to gathering and studying lifeforms from all over the galaxy. It was based on the planet Mycroft and worked with the Jedi Exploration Corps. During the Clone Wars, the Society refused to take sides, insisting that politics should remain out of science and that knowledge belonged to everyone.
The Society operated a number of exploration ships, including the Titavian IV.
During the time of the Empire, the IZS held a rivalry with the Imperial Environmental Preservation & Refocusing Authority (IEPRA) due to the latter's tendency to wipe out any non-sentient lifeforms that were deemed dangerous.
- Republic 69: Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force