|Blockade of Chandrila|
In 4 ABY, during the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire launched a blockade of the planet Chandrila. Initially planned around the time of the Battle of Endor to suppress the last flames of rebellion after the planned victory at Endor, with it also being planned to have the Death Star II destroy the planet in a matter of months, the blockade was delayed due to the death of the Emperor at Endor. It was eventually performed by seven Star Destroyers six months after Endor; some believed that Grand Vizier Sate Pestage ordered the blockade as a means of holding Chandrila hostage to forestall the New Republic's advance on Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
The blockade was first alluded to in the Chandrila entry of the Star Wars Encyclopedia. It was later revealed in The Essential Guide to Warfare that the invasion had actually been planned and almost executed concurrently to the Battle of Endor alongside a similar invasion at Mon Calamari. According to author Jason Fry in his end notes for the book, this development was included to rectify the debate as to whether the Empire used all of its forces or a minimum amount of its forces during the battle, and implied that the measure was a further display of Palpatine's overconfidence regarding the upcoming battle at Endor.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Chandrila") (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ As the Nagai–Tof War ends in 39:8 and the blockade of Chandrila occurs in 39:9, the battle of Saijo precedes Chandrila.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 119 ("Chandrila")
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Essential Guide to Warfare: Endnotes Part 12