- "Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead. The one crawling with Vulture droids."
- ―Anakin Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi
From this vessel, Grievous launched the Battle of Coruscant, a raid of the planet Coruscant that resulted in the capture of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. The Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker boarded the vessel to rescue Palpatine, Skywalker killing Count Dooku (secretly the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus), who had been holding him hostage. Unbeknownst to them, the entire event had been orchestrated by Palpatine, who was secretly Darth Sidious. The group was captured and escorted to the bridge of the Invisible Hand, where they were confronted by Grievous. Grievous intended to slay them, but ultimately could only escape, attempting to sabotage the ship and jettisoning the vessel's escape pods. Skywalker was able to land the vessel on Coruscant, though it suffered catastrophic damage and would likely never fly again.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Invisible Hand first appeared in Labyrinth of Evil, a direct prequel novel to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The events of this book are, however, now considered part of the continuity of Star Wars Legends and not official canon. Despite being portrayed in other media as General Grievous's flagship towards the end of the Clone Wars, the Invisible Hand was never seen in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in which Grievous was heavily featured as a character.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; images #32, 33 (of 41)
- (First identified as Invisible Hand)
- ; image #14 (of 30)