|Chronological and political information|
- "Ion and I have some issues to discuss with Senator Chuchi first."
- ―Baron Papanoida
Ion accompanied his father to Coruscant, where he and his father spoke with Senator Chuchi about Trade Federation blockade of their planet. He informed her that their were crying out to join the Separatists.
When his two sisters were kidnapped by the Separatists, Ion Papanoida assisted his father in investigating his sisters' kidnapping. He then accompanied his father to Tatooine to hunt down the Rodian bounty hunter Greedo, the one responsible for the kidnapping. He accompanied him to Jabba's Palace, where they proved in front of Jabba the Hutt that Greedo had indeed kidnapped the baron's daughters. They led Greedo to the Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, where his accomplice released Chi Eekway Papanoida. The situation culminated in a shooting match when Greedo initiated a fight between the baron and the other bounty hunters. Ion Papanoida was almost killed but was saved by his sister, Che. However, Greedo escaped, but the Papanoida family was reunited.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Shop" (Set: Ion Papanoida)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.14
- "Making Maquettes"—Star Wars Insider 124 (Indirect mention only)
- "50 Great Reasons to Rewatch Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three"—Star Wars Insider 125
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide