Ion cannons were a form of armament that fired ionized particles capable of disrupting electronic systems. Larger types could even disable a large capital ship, such as those that were mounted on the side of the Malevolence, or the v-150 planetary ion cannon used by the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150
- "Blade Squadron: Zero Hour"—Star Wars Insider 160
- ; image #5
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ; image #9 (of 15)
- ; image #5 (of 8)
- ; images #4, 5 (of 12)