|Ion pulse cannon|
Heavy anti-capital ship ion cannon
Not available for public sale
|Physical and technical specifications|
Several hundred meters in diameter
|Usage and history|
- "A weapon that neutralizes all power to our ships, rendering the targets defenseless."
- ―Plo Koon
Rather than targeting a specific enemy vessel, the ion pulse cannon fired a massive ion burst that expanded outward from the cannon, disabling everything in its path. Plasma rotors formed a vital part of the weapon, as they were charged prior to each burst of ionized particles. After each shot, the technicians had to allot some time to clean up residual ionized particles in the cannon before firing again.
- "We tracked the mystery weapon to this system. That is when we found out it was an ion cannon"
- ―Plo Koon
The Separatist flagship Malevolence gained infamy at the start of the Clone Wars, when it used its ion pulse cannons to destroy entire Republic task forces. The Subjugator-class was the only warship-design known to use the ion cannon model in its superstructure, as its power-requirements were highly unique.
- The Clone Wars: Prelude (Indirect mention only)
- HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided (Indirect mention only)
- The Clone Wars: Shakedown
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- The Clone Wars: Procedure (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- The Clone Wars: Agenda (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide