Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The ion storms of Moorja have prevented the deployment of our standard battle-droid forces, but Neimoidian Gunnery Battalions, Gossam Commandos and Koorivar Fusiliers have consolidated to provide Moorja with cost-effective protective forces."
- ―Shu Mai
Created by a release of magnetic energy within a star, ion storms were fast-moving bursts of plasma that radiated outward into the surrounding star system. They were considered dangerous, as they had the potential to wreak havoc on bodies unprotected by a magnetic field. Starships were particularly vulnerable and, as ion storms could knock out shielding and a ship’s electrical systems (compare ion cannon), they were avoided wherever possible.
Places that produce ion stormsEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 5: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 5
- Star Wars 6: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 6
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:3:21 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 76 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- "Black Curs Blues"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight