- "I was under the impression that Darth Maul's home world was Iridonia."
"Dathomir is the planet where Maul was raised. Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu
Iridonia was a planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim, in grid square J-7 on the Standard Galactic Grid. It was the homeworld of the near-human Zabrak species, with Zabraks hailing from Iridonia being specifically known as Iridonian Zabraks.
Iridonia was the homeworld of the Zabrak bounty hunter Sugi and her niece Jas Emari, who considered the planet to be brutal and unforgiving. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi mistakenly believed the Dathomirian Zabrak Darth Maul was born on Iridonia, when in fact he was born on the planet Dathomir, home to a tribal group of male Zabrak known as the Nightbrothers.
Behind the scenesEdit
Iridonia was first mentioned in the Star Wars canon in "Witches of the Mist," a 2011 episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' third season. It first appeared on a map included with the 2016 role-playing game Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game. Iridonia was originally created for the 2000 Star Wars Legends young readers novel Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul, written by Jude Watson.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (First mentioned)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First appearance)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul