- "I was under the impression that Darth Maul's home world was Iridonia."
"Dathomir is the planet where Maul was raised. Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu
Iridonia was a planet that was the homeworld of the near-human Zabrak species. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi mistakenly believed the Dathomirian Zabrak Darth Maul was born there, when in fact he was born on the planet Dathomir, which was home to a tribal group of male Zabrak known as the Nightbrothers, while those from Iridonia were known as Iridonian Zabraks. It was the homeworld of the Zabrak bounty hunter Sugi and her niece Jas Emari, who considered the planet to be brutal and unforgiving.
Behind the scenesEdit
Iridonia was first mentioned in the 2000 Star Wars Legends novel Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul, though it did not actually appear until the 2003 Legends comic Phantom Menaces, which was released as part of Star Wars Tales 17. It became canon when it was mentioned in "Witches of the Mist," the fourteenth episode of the third season of the canon animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Iridonia's status as a planet and the homeworld of the Zabrak species was made canon by Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars, a young readers activity book written and edited by David Fentiman and Sadie Smith that was released on June 16, 2014.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (First mentioned)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded