29 standard hours
413 local days
|Points of interest|
Iridonia was the homeworld of the Zabrak species. Due to the harsh living conditions, the Zabrak were a hardy species. They took to flight and then space travel as soon as they could develop the technology, and by the time the Duros encountered them, they had already colonized five systems. Notable Iridonians included Darth Maul, Bao-Dur, Drell Kahmf, Sirak and Maris Brood.
As a Mid Rim world situated near important hyperspace lanes, Iridonia was one of the key worlds that connected the Outer Rim to the Inner Rim. As such, it was often one of the first planets to be pulled into a war. During the Old Sith Wars, the planet was the site of numerous battles.
The First Battle of Iridonia, fought during the Great Sith War, was a major victory for the Galactic Republic. It was a turning point in the war which gave the Republic Military and the Jedi Order momentum which would help them to eventually defeat their Sith adversaries.
Several of Iridonia's colonies along the Outer Rim were conquered by the Mandalorians during the initial stages of the Mandalorian Wars. After learning of the loss of their colonies, many Iridonians, including Bao-Dur, sought revenge by joining the Republic's war effort against the Mandalorian invaders. In the same year, 3,963 BBY, the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders launched a major offensive against Iridonia. After a successful campaign, they occupied the planet for a number of months, but Iridonia was eventually liberated by the Republic Military.
Iridonia changed hands a number of times during the Jedi Civil War. The Sith Empire and the Republic fought fiercely over the planet, and both sides used it as a staging ground during the conflict. Due to the fact that Iridonia was occupied by the Sith at times, the eight Iridonian colonies became self sufficient. Following the war, they broke away and became independent worlds.
Around 1,002 BBY, the Brotherhood of Darkness operated a Sith academy on the world that trained Sith Acolytes and apprentices. The Sith also hired Zabrak mercenaries from the planet's high council.
After the Ruusan campaign, the Zabrak established colonies on many far-flung worlds. The Zabrak of Iridonia maintained the most militant culture, and Zabrak youths from the colonies were often sent to the original homeworld for warrior training.
Kaysil Verwood became the first New Republic Senator of her people, representing not only Iridonia but all the Zabrak colonies. The Zabrak were founding members of the government, as Verwood attended the Galactic Caucus to form the new government.
At some point after the formation of the New Republic, Luke Skywalker visited the world as an ambassador to help with opening new trade routes to the Outer Rim Territories. While staying on the planet, he encountered a solid-state hologram said to be the ghost of the Dathomirian Zabrak Sith Lord, Darth Maul. The ghostly image had terrified the Zabrak government for some time, driving one council representative to the brink of madness. Skywalker tracked the apparition down to a laboratory run by the Zabrak scientist Drell Kahmf who claimed to have salvaged the brain of Maul and constructed the hologram body for it to reign havoc on society. The Jedi was appalled at the torment of the disembodied man and disconnected the device keeping the brain alive.
When Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire was first established, Iridonia was amongst the first world to pledge its allegiance to the new Emperor. Since Zabraks were traditionally a species that produced many Force-sensitives, Iridonia contributed more apprentices to the One Sith than any other world. However, despite the wishes of Iridonian government, several Zabrak colonies rebelled against the new Empire. Two such colonies were completely wiped out when Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers issued Base Delta Zero to reduce their planets to rubble. After the punishment the remaining five colonies surrendered to Imperial forces and one of them, Feldrona, was transformed into a prison planet and placed under tight Imperial control.
- Iridonian Darkness
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Saboteur (Mentioned only)
- "Marked"—Star Wars Tales 24 (Possible appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Blood Ties 5: Boba Fett is Dead, Part 1
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- "Phantom Menaces"—Star Wars Tales 17 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I
- Alien Anthology
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Beware the Dark Side
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 21
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Star Wars Art: Visions (Ambiguously canonical source)
- "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about the Nightsisters but Were Afraid to Ask"—Star Wars Insider 122
- PDF file) · (
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PDF file) · (
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide, p. 231
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Iridonian Darkness
- ↑ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ "Phantom Menaces"—Star Wars Tales 17