While under the command of Captain Zsinj, Zsinj developed the tactic of fending off a starfighter attack by flying the ship through an asteroid field—when the fighters moved in to attack, the ship would target asteroids close to the fighters with its turbolasers, causing them to explode and damage or destroy nearby fighters.
When Zsinj was promoted to Admiral and received a new flagship (an Executor-class Star Dreadnought which he also named the Iron Fist after this original ship), the Victory-class Iron Fist was assigned to Captain Ferob under Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Unknown Regions, where it was involved in Thrawn's pacification of UR41-284.
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- X-wing: Iron Fist (First mentioned)
- X-wing: Solo Command (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia