The Iron Heart (in Mando'a: Kar'ta Beskar), also known as the Mandalorian Diamond, was an ancient symbol used by the Mandalorians since the Mandalorian Excision in 738 BBY. It was notably featured on the chest part of the Mandalorian Shock Trooper Armor. During the Clone Wars, the Iron Heart was used by both the "traditional" Mandalorian warriors, and the pacifist "New Mandalorians." That symbol was used throughout the architecture of New Mandalorian society, police equipment and even civilian attire.
Behind the scenesEdit
In The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett, the canonical Mando'a name of the Iron Heart was given as Kar'ta Beskar. However, the rules of that language established by Karen Traviss state the adjectives come before the noun they modify—as seen in cin vhetin, in which cin is "white." Furthermore, the word beskar is a noun, and would require the addition of a suffix, either -la or -yc, to be used as an adjective. According to those rules, the most proper Mando'a form to convey the meaning of "Iron Heart" would be Beskaryc Kar'ta.
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars 101: Far, Far Away
- "Revenants"—Star Wars Tales 18
- "The Mandalorians: People and Culture"—Star Wars Insider 86
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett