- "Irudiru? Better here than anywhere else in the galaxy—seems every other system is choking on the fat and stupidity of a torpid, indolent population. Fools, fools everywhere!"
- ―Golas Aram
- "Seriously, this is awful. I want to burn all this grass. And the thorny bushes. And the flies."
- ―Temmin Wexley
Much of Irudiru was covered in thirstgrass, Ki-a-ki bushes, and other small plants. The world was inhabited by animals, including flies. Though the population was relatively small compared to others in the galaxy, Irudiru had at least one city, Kai Pompos.
- "Is there a prison on Irudiru?"
"What is there, then?"
"Not a prison, but a prison-maker'"
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus and Yupe Tashu
In the final years of the Galactic Civil War Golas Aram, a Siniteen architect who had designed prisons for the Galactic Empire, Kanjiklub, the Junihar Cartel, and Splugorra the Hutt, lived on Irudiru.
When a failed mission to liberate Kashyyyk from the Empire's remnants resulted in the capture of Chewbacca, General Han Solo of the New Republic resigned his commission to search for his copilot and friend. During the search, he lost contact with his wife Leia Organa, a central figure in the New Republic Government.
Organa requested the services of Norra and Temmin Wexley, former Imperial Sinjir Rath Velus, bounty hunter Jas Emari, and Jom Barell, to help find Chewbacca and Solo. Suspecting the former may be imprisoned by the Empire, the group found and interrogated Golas Aram at his compound, finding Han Solo in the process. The information they gathered led to the rescue of Chewbacca, many Wookiees, and many former Rebellion members.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance)