Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It was inhabited by members of 17 aquatic races relocated from their original homeworlds in 5000 BBY, collectively united as "Iskalonians." In the days of the Galactic Republic, before the Clone Wars, Iskalon was often raided for water-breathing slaves. During the Great Galactic War, a group of Imperial fighters known as the Bane Brigade and their Sith commanders attacked the planet.
During the time of the Cold War, a proxy conflict between the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic, the sea levels on the planet dropped, revealing several long-hidden caves that had been occupied hundreds of years before and eventually someone was sent to investigate them, discovering that the caves had been used by the native species to hide from slavers and their possessions could still be found inside the cave network.
Around 529 BBY, a number of needy Iskalonian locals were approached by recruiters sent by Hugo Bartyn. Bartyn wanted amphibian fishermen to settle a new city in Lamaredd and tempted these poverty-stricken individuals with promises of untouched seas in a new frontier. Once they arrived, however, they became slave laborers.
The Iskalonians built a city called Pavillion for interaction with non-water breathers, but the city was destroyed in 3 ABY by the Iskalon effect, a huge tidal wave created by an Imperial attack meant to kill Luke Skywalker. The attack also destroyed a small Quarren colony. After the disaster, the Iskalonians largely withdrew from galactic affairs. Regardless, Luke helped the planet later on, when he and local hero Kiro destroyed the Nagai presence on Iskalon. However, the Iskalonians refused to join the New Republic.
The chiaki sea creatures also hailed from Iskalon.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the Japanese Star Wars 1987 video game game, after rescuing Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kessel, Luke Skywalker arrived on Iskalon to rescue C-3PO. Luke had to swim deep underwater to reach where C-3PO was held. Eventually Luke arrived into a chamber where he faced Kurado Vader, a shark-like creature who took the form of Darth Vader. One swipe of Luke's lightsaber and it transformed back into its shark form. After it was defeated, Luke freed C-3PO from the hold he was in and set off for the Death Star to rescue Princess Leia.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (1987 video game) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars 74: The Iskalon Effect (First appearance)
- Star Wars 75: Tidal
- Star Wars 76: Artoo-Detoo to the Rescue
- Star Wars 77: Chanteuse of the Stars... (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 82: Diplomacy
- Star Wars 87: Still Active After All These Years (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 90: The Choice (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 96: Duel With a Dark Lady (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 99: Touch of the Goddess (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 102: School Spirit
- "ComicScan: Marvelously Silly Aliens"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology (As Iskallon)
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Essential Chronology
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Marvel Series"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Unknown Regions
- "Game On!"—Star Wars Insider 135
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook