Iskalonian was the general term for the different aquatic sentient species who lived in the oceans of the planet Iskalon. All seventeen of these species were relocated from their own homeworlds to Iskalon circa 5,000 BBY.
C. 529 BBY, a number of needy Iskalonian locals were approached by recruiters sent by Hugo Bartyn. Bartyn wanted amphibian fishermen to settle a new city in Lamaredd and tempted these poverty-stricken individuals with promises of untouched seas in a new frontier. Once they arrived, however, they became slave laborers. Most of the Iskalonians refused, and they were banished to an almost-sure death in the open seas.
Though they built the underwater city of Pavillion to interact with water-breathing visitors to Iskalon, it was destroyed in 3 ABY after an Imperial attack set off an enormous tidal wave. Afterwards, the Iskalonians withdrew from the galaxy's affairs. Kiro was an exception to this, as he briefly left his homeworld for several adventures alongside Luke Skywalker.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 74: The Iskalon Effect (First appearance)
- Star Wars 75: Tidal
- Star Wars 76: Artoo-Detoo to the Rescue
- Star Wars 82: Diplomacy
- Star Wars 87: Still Active After All These Years
- Star Wars 95: No Zeltrons (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 96: Duel With a Dark Lady
- Star Wars 97: Escape
- Star Wars 102: School Spirit
- "ComicScan: Marvelously Silly Aliens" — Star Wars Galaxy 3
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Marvel Series"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Essential Atlas