Doctor Ism Oolos was a Ho'Din doctor who gained some fame for his research into the Death Seed plague. Years later, he was one of the doctors to try and treat Mara Jade Skywalker after her coomb spore infection.
Early in The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, in a conversation between Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker, Oolos is apparently dead. However, near the end of the novel, Oolos is with Cilghal and the Skywalkers ready to test Vergere's healing tears to find out whether or not they are a cure for Mara's coomb spore disease.
- Planet of Twilight (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia