Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The selfishness is what astounds me. The Corellian sector is largely self-sufficient, wealthy, and with its own defense force. My sector hasn't even a third of these riches, yet we are committed to support the Republic in the most trying of times."
- ―Senator Ister Paddie denounces Corellian succession during the Separatist Crisis
Ister Paddie was the Human male senator of Sermeria, who took Lanus Wrede's place after he committed suicide. Senator Paddie was a member of the Loyalist Committee established prior to the start of the Clone Wars.
- "I turn to some of the most trusted, skilled and intelligent minds that the Republic has to offer. This is the team that will help me forge a peaceful end to the current dispute."
- ―Palpatine speaks of the newly created Loyalist committee, including Paddie.
The Human male Ister Paddie ascended from the noble Sermerian First House to represent his homeworld of Sermeria in the Galactic Senate on the Galactic Republic capital of Coruscant in the year 22 BBY, after the suicide of his predecessor Lanus Wrede, due to a false accusation Wrede made concerning Baktoid Combat Automata. His first year as senator took place during the Separatist Crisis, in which succession from the Republic greatly increased and the the Separatist Confederacy of Independent Systems formed. During the crisis in 22 BBY, the senator of the Corellian sector, Garm Bel Iblis, announced that his sector was closing its borders and removing itself from senate proceedings concerning the Military Creation Act, a proposal for the creation of a Grand Army of the Republic. Paddie was highly critical of the Corellians' decision due to their relative wealth compared to his own sector and the HoloNet News quoted the senators views on the matter in a piece concerning Corellia in HoloNet News Vol. 531 47.
Later that same year, a package was found in the Sermerian First House in the city of Addolis on Sermeria, which caused the House to be partially evacuated for three hours due to fears the package might be dangerous. Addressed to both to Paddie and President Dibra Born, the package contained a doll effigy of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine covered in stone mites. When Palpatine created a Loyalist Committee from the Senate to negotiate with the Separatists and handle the situation, Paddie was named amongst the ten initial members. The group were tasked with creating a six month action plan for handling the Separatists. They received large amounts of criticism from other senators who saw them as Palpatine's attempt to create a partisan body in an attempt to sway the Military Creation Act, although the members of the committee were strongly divided on the matter. Ultimately the Act was successful and a Grand Army of Clone troopers was formed, which the Republic used to combat the Separatist Droid Army used by the Confederacy in the Clone Wars, which began shortly after the Acts success.
Personality and traitsEdit
During his time as senator, Paddie was a loyalist who was particularly close to the office of Chancellor Palpatine. Palpatine declared that he thought of the senator as one of the most trusted, skilled and intelligent members of the senate upon his addition to the Loyalist Committee. As befitting a noble of his status, he carried the regal airs of a noble and wore ornate, golden robes whilst in the senate and sported an orthodox hairstyle from the planet Halbara.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I think you may safely presume that given a choice between listening to the council of Mace Windu, or that of, say, the honorable Senator from Sermeria, with his startling ability to bring any topic under discussion to a close analysis of its impact on the trade in his homeworld's root vegetables, why, I would rather listen to you."
- ―Palpatine possibly referencing Paddie in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
Paddie's ornate headdress is reminiscent of that worn by the Imperial Dignitaries introduced in Return of the Jedi. This style also appears among concept sketches of Bespin citizens created for The Empire Strikes Back.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Ister Paddie)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Paddie, Ister")
- Star Wars Annual 2009