- "I'm a fighter, not a leader, not a planner. That's you, and that's why I don't want to hear any more talk about letting someone else carry the fight. After today we fight on different ground, and we maybe aren't the Free Ryloth movement, but we still fight."
- ―Isval, to Cham Syndulla, on the fate of their rebellion
Isval participated in the mission to hijack an Imperial weapons shipment. During this mission, she listened to Darth Vader's murderous rampage aboard the freighter via com, she heard Vader Force choke her friend Pok.
Shortly before the mission to Ryloth, Isval traveled to the Octagon, a district in the heart of the city of Lessu. There, she encountered a Twi'lek escort named Ryiin and a drunk Imperial officer. After assaulting the Imperial officer, she spirited Ryiin away into a new home where she would be safe from slavers and Twi'lek traffickers. A former escort, Isval wanted to save other Twi'lek girls from suffering what she had experienced as a result of such shady business.
At the end of the conflict on Ryloth, approximately fourteen years before the Battle of Yavin, Darth Vader executed Isval at the command of Darth Sidious, giving Cham Syndulla and his other fighters time to escape. Because of Isval's sacrifice, Syndulla was able to keep his rebel movement alive.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I hate you and everything you stand for. But when I murdered, I murdered out of love."
"I know precisely what you mean."
- ―Isval, to Darth Vader, moments before her execution
Isval was rash, but still practical; the exact opposite of the deliberate and principled Cham Syndulla. She had a deep hatred for Imperial officers and was known to grumble and complain constantly. Isval was beautiful and with pale blue skin. Isval sharpened her teeth to points, an aesthetic decision usually only performed by males of her species. She was close to Cham and even had feelings for him, feelings he returned. However, they both silently agreed that a relationship was not in the best interests of the movement they fought for. However, they didn't confess this again, until moments before Isval's death, at the hands of the Sith Lord, Darth Vader.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Lords of the Sith (First appearance)