The Ithorians, commonly referred to as hammerheads, were a sentient species from the planet Ithor., though they also had at least one settlement on the planet Takobo, known as Hammertown. They had a unique set of twin mouths on opposite sides of their necks. They were called leathernecks as an insult by Imperial stormtroopers. Their unique throat structure prevented them from speaking Galactic Basic, but a number employed devices that translated Ithorese into Basic.
The Ithorians were believed by many to be only peaceful gardeners and philosophers, but those who had encountered the bounty hunters Bulduga and Onca felt differently. For the most part, however, Ithorians were very peaceful and detested violence as well as revering nature. Their own home planet of Ithor was held as sacred ground and hunting there was extremely prohibited. Ithorians could be found spread across the galaxy, even on planets devoid of vegetation such as Coruscant and Tatooine.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Aftermath
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ "Eyes on the Prize"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 6
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ "Bottleneck"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ 12.0 12.1
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Lost Stars
- ↑ "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158