|J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon|
J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
This heavy droid cannon could be operated by one B1 battle droid in a side-seat, or by pre-installed droid brain. It did not have an automatic reloading chamber, but instead was a single shot breach-loader. Shells had to be manually loaded by at least two battle droids into the breach before each shot. The shells used were powerful enough to breach the shields an Acclamator-class assault ship or completely destroy a LAAT/i Gunship with a single hit.
The artillery piece, resembling a flak gun, was mounted on top of four legs, similar to that of Advanced dwarf spider droids, which allowed it to turn and re-position itself, however, its turning rate was quite slow, its legs being the only rotational device.
Mace Windu ordered a retreat due to the damage the fleet was taking, as the cannon shells were able to penetrate the shields. During the liberation of the prisoners, Obi-Wan Kenobi took control of one of the cannons and destroyed all other cannons with help from Waxer and Boil before having to abandon the cannon due to incoming fire from an AAT.
Behind the scenesEdit
LEGO Star Wars 7869: Battle for Geonosis was a LEGO set released in 2011, it featured a model of this cannon that could fire a missile, had movable legs, and adjustable elevation and depression. The set also came with a BARC Speeder, Captain Rex, Luminara Unduli, a Super Battle Droid and two B-1 Battle droids.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.5
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles (First identified as J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon)