The J-77 Event Horizon was a small yet powerful sublight drive unit that was manufactured by Novaldex, and used in the Rebel Alliance's RZ-1 A-wing interceptor. They were apparently fairly volatile, as demonstrated by Vergere at Ebaq Nine. Though not maneuverable by its own, the agility could be improved by adding adjustable thrust-vector controls and thrust control jets, as with the A-wing. But even with that, the craft is nearly impossible to regain a stable flight even from some of the best pilots in the galaxy, as seen when Arvel Crynyd, a lone A-wing pilot, lost control of his craft and crashed in to the Executor's bridge during the Battle of Endor.
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (AWI2, A-Wing Starfighter)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare