|J. K. Burtola|
|Chronological and political information|
- "Master, because someone erased it from the archive memory."
- ―Burtola trying to explain why Kamino didn't show on the archives.
J.K. Burtola was a four-year old male Human Jedi Initiate enrolled in the academy in the Jedi Temple at the beginning of the Clone Wars. A member of the Bear Clan, he was one of its brightest members.
A Human male, J.K. Burtola was identified as Force-sensitive and given over to the Jedi Order for training in the ways of the Force. Assigned to the mighty Bear Clan, an Initiate Clan whose members were known for their bravery, Initiate Burtola received his earliest instruction from clan leader, Grand Master Yoda.
During one of the clan's daily lightsaber instructional courses on the Temple's veranda, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi approached Grand Master Yoda with a question; it appeared the Temple's Archives were incomplete and missing a system. With permission from Master Yoda, Initiate Burtola suggested that someone had erased the files, therefore explaining the Archives' seeming incompleteness.
Behind the scenesEdit
Portrayed by Alex Knoll in Attack of the Clones, J. K. Burtola was the only Jedi child that was given a speaking part in the final version of the film. In earlier drafts, he was identified as "Jedi Child Jack" in the script.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 30 (YOD10, Yoda) (as "Jack")
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (BEA2, Bear Clan)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 97 ("Burtola, J.K.")
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 13
- (First identified as J. K. Burtola)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)