- "Admiral, by my order, ISD Vehement was directed to planet Cyrkon to pursue Caluan Ematt, the Rebel terrorist who escaped capture on Taanab and who's believed to have information about where the Rebels relocated after the Battle of Yavin."
- ―Alecia Beck, reporting to Ras-Teker
J. Ras-Teker was a human who served as an admiral in the Imperial Security Bureau (ISB), an agency of the Galactic Empire that ensured the populace and military personnel remained obedient to the government's ideals. In the immediate aftermath of the Battle of Yavin, ISB Senior Commander Alecia Beck answered to Ras-Teker. After failing twice to apprehend Caluan Ematt, a lieutenant in the enemy Rebel Alliance, first on Taanab and then on Cyrkon, Beck addressed a communiqué to Admiral Ras-Teker, who was then staying with the ISB Command on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
J. Ras-Teker was first mentioned in Smuggler's Run, a short animated comic that retells certain events of Greg Rucka's 2015 novel Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure in the form of an in-universe Imperial communiqué. In the comic itself, Commander Beck simply adresses her superior as "Admiral." However, in Rucka's original script for that comic, the communiqué is addressed to "Adm. Ras-Teker, J. - ISB Command, Coruscant."
- Smuggler's Run (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 As shown in the novel Tarkin, all Imperial officers were human.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Smuggler's Run
- ↑ According to screenshot), J. Ras-Teker is a member of the Imperial Security Bureau, which the novel Tarkin establishes to be a subdivision of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order. . “@lelalmekha Haven't seen the final version of that comic. In my script, the communique is to 'Adm. Ras-Teker, J. - ISB Command, Coruscant'” (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 screenshot) . “@lelalmekha Haven't seen the final version of that comic. In my script, the communique is to 'Adm. Ras-Teker, J. - ISB Command, Coruscant'” (
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Tarkin