JN-66 analysis droid
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
The JN-66 was a model of analysis droid produced by Cybot Galactica as a high-end utility droid as early as the Ruusan Reformations of the Galactic Republic. The Jedi Order made a large purchase of JN-66 units for use in the Jedi Temple's analysis wing.
After production began on the line, the Jedi Order purchased a large number of JN-66's to operate the analysis wing of the Jedi Temple in conjunction with several SP-4 droids. Between the two models, the JN-66's worked with most of the equipment while the SP-4's handled the menial tasks, such as direct Jedi-interface. All of the droids and their computers shared data with the Coruscant Police, making it easier to hand criminal cases over to different jurisdictions and to ensure a comprehensive database was maintained. All droids at the Temple were stripped of coverings for frequent irradiation baths so as to not contaminate the analysis chamber. These models not only served at the Temple, but also saw use in battlefield medical facilities during the Clone Wars such as on New Holstice.
The JN-66 analysis droid was a repulsorlift-equipped droid with four colored photoreceptors, with multi-wavelength imaging at extreme levels of magnification, set into its flat face. Cybot Galactica reused the chassis and many of the components found in the less-sophisticated PK-series worker droid, and the JN-66's framework also served as the basis for the company's IM-6 medical droid. They were fitted with advanced verbobrains and sensor apparatus that made the droid an expensive commodity.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance) (Deleted scene)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 73 (ANA1-2, Jedi Temple Analysis Droids)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 28
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force