During the Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon
3.9 meters long
|Chronological and political information|
Jabba, better known as Jabba the Hutt, was a Hutt gangster and crimelord who operated from his palace on the Outer Rim world of Tatooine. The father to Rotta, Jabba was a major figure on Tatooine, where he controlled the bulk of the trafficking in illegal goods, piracy and slavery that generated most of the planet's wealth; in addition, he controlled the spaceports and settlements on the planet.
Waning days of the RepublicEdit
During the final days of the Republic, Jabba was known to preside over Tatooine's podraces. Notably, he was present when Anakin Skywalker won the Boonta Eve race, a momentous event with ramifications not even the mighty Jabba could have foreseen.
The Clone WarsEdit
Following the beginning of the Clone Wars, Jabba's son Rotta was kidnapped by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, in a plot to deny Hutt space access to the Republic's forces. After the group of bounty hunters he had hired had tracked Rotta to Teth but had been returned beheaded, Jabba contacted the Jedi for help. The Separatists allowed for the Huttlet to be returned, but using a counterfeited video Count Dooku tried to persuade Jabba that the Jedi were behind the kidnapping, while in the meantime his own forces were trying to reacquire Rotta. Eventually the Jedi managed to deliver him safely to his parent, which in turn aligned his criminal empire with the Republic.
Jabba perished on his sail-barge near the Great Pit of Carkoon at the hands Leia Organa. A member of the Rebel Alliance, Leia was captured by Jabba along with her friends Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca as the trio attempted to rescue their friend and ally Han Solo. Leia strangled Jabba to death using the chain the Hutt had kept her on following her capture.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned on sign only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Special Edition)
- Star Wars: Commander (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)