- "Where am I?"
- ―Han Solo and Leia Organa
Jabba's Palace was the base of operations for Jabba the Hutt, a crime lord and ruling member of the Grand Hutt Council. The palace was located in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, and was accessible on land by a single dirt road that stretched through a canyon. The palace, constructed with sandblasted metal and stone, was where Jabba conducted illicit business deals. Jabba would entertain guests in a throne room, which also had a live band and overlooked a pit that contained a rancor. The palace was an old monastery that had been fortified for Jabba's purposes by master armorers. After presenting the Hutt with the bill for their services, said armorers became the first prisoners of the crime lord. Despite having designed them all, they were never able to escape the thick walls and cruel traps of the palace.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord