- "From his throne, Jabba could control everything from the trap door opening leading to the rancor pit below to the lighting and climate control for the entire palace."
- ―Voren Na'al
Jabba's dais was a repulsorsled that was used by Jabba Desilijic Tiure as a formal throne in his Tatooine palace. It was located in the audience chamber, just in front of the trap door to the rancor pit.
The dais was decorated with several statues known as "Abyssin ornaments", which were meant to protect the owner of the throne, as Abyssins were known for their regenerative abilities. The sled was also equipped at the back with a barbeque, on which Jerba meat was broiled.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars Galaxies, the Abyssin gargoyles on the throne were incorrectly depicted as two-eyed creatures, while the Abyssins are in fact cyclopses. In the Clone Wars movie, on the other hand, they were portrayed right.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- "Lapti Nek": The Music Video from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi