Jake Lloyd (born on March 5, 1989) played nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace defeating Taylor Wells in the casting for the character, and provided the voice for Anakin in a number of Star Wars video games.
He is best known for his performances in the films Jingle All the Way and Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Jake's latest film, Madison, was filmed in 2001 but not released until April 2005.
While Lloyd's role as the young Anakin Skywalker in The Phantom Menance brought him fame, he was negatively affected by the stressful criticism of his performance in the film. Lloyd also resented the publicity that his role brought him including relentless bullying at school and being interviewed sixty times a day. Lloyd's resentment towards George Lucas led him to quit acting in 2001 and to destroy all his Star Wars memorabilia. Lloyd reprised his role as the young Anakin in five video games.
In 2007, Jake graduated from Carmel High School in Carmel, Indiana. After graduating from high school, Lloyd studied film and psychology at Columbia College Chicago. In August 2012, Lloyd announced that he pursuing a career in writing and directing. One of his projects was a documentary about Tibetan refugees in India, who were attempting to escape persecution from the Chinese government.
In June 2015, Lloyd was arrested in South Carolina for reckless driving, resisting arrest, and failing to stop for a police officer. In April 2016, Lloyd was reportedly diagnosed with schizophrenia and transferred from prison to a psychiatric facility.
Jake Lloyd portrayed Anakin Skywalker in the following productions:
|Unhook the Stars||1995||J.J.||First Film|
|Jingle All the Way||1996||Jamie Langston|
|Madison||2001||Mike McCormick||Last Film|
- "Jake Toys With Success"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 7
- "A Jedi Trio"—Star Wars Insider 46
- Star Wars: The Complete Vader
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Jake Lloyd Biography (1989-). Film Reference. Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Parker, Heidi (2016-04-11). Star Wars: The Phantom Menace actor Jake Lloyd is diagnosed with schizophrenia and is moved from jail to psychiatric facility after June arrest. The Daily Mail. Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bugbee, Teo (2015-06-15). The Real-Life Fall of Anakin Skywalker: Jake Lloyd's Journey From 'Star Wars' to the Slammer. The Daily Beast. Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars child actor, Carmel grad arrested in South Carolina. Indy Star (2015-06-22). Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ Actor who played Anakin Skywalker as child swears off Star Wars for gooda. NBC News (2012-03-09). Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ Jake Lloyd moves on from Star Wars to pursue writing and directing. Global Dispatch (2012-08-29). Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- ↑ French, Megan (2016-04-11). Star Wars Actor Jake Lloyd Moved From Jail to Psychiatric Facility for Schizophrenia: Report. US Weekly. Retrieved on November 23, 2017.
- Jake Lloyd on Wikipedia
- "Captain" (July 22, 2009). Jake Lloyd: Ten Years After Star Wars Episode One. scifitv.com.au. Retrieved on July 24, 2009.