|James Earl Jones|
|Voice acting in||
As Darth Vader:
|Other work of note||
- "I am happy to be a part of the whole cult movement. But they are scary. People are fanatics. I went to a comic-book convention once. George Lucas wrote me a statement to make as nasty as Dark Vader. It was a salutation. But at least I had something to do. I don't sign autographs."
- ―James Earl Jones on Star Wars conventions
James Earl Jones is an actor and the man who voiced the masked Darth Vader in the Star Wars films, including the Holiday Special. He does not actually appear onscreen, as his voice was dubbed over while the suit was worn by David Prowse and stuntman Bob Anderson in the original trilogy and the Holiday Special, while Hayden Christensen wore the suit in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
Jones attended the University of Michigan. Although born in the state, he spent his childhood in Mississippi.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Arcade Game
- The Star Wars Holiday Special
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Monopoly Star Wars Edition
- Star Wars: The Interactive Video Board Game
Notes and referencesEdit
- James Earl Jones on Wikipedia
- James Earl Jones Downstage Center interview at American Theatre Wing, April 2008