Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "What do you have? Something worth trading five million credits for?"
"Yes. By the Cold, I do. Something worth five million credits easy. Maybe more. Something priceless, Fett—"
"Rang. Maxa Jandovar. Janet Lalasha."
- ―Boba Fett and Kardue'sai'Malloc
A female musician, Janet Lalasha was a Dorenian Beshniquel player who lived during the time of the Galactic Empire. Deemed to be a suspicious individual by the regime, Lalasha was subsequently persecuted and executed, and her music was suppressed by the Imperial authorities. However, when the New Republic rose to power years after Lalasha's death, a chance came for the musician's work to be heard once again.
Janet Lalasha was a female musician who was renowned as an excellent player of the Dorenian Beshniquel—better known as the Fizzz—a single reed wind instrument commonly used in jizz. Lalasha lived during the time of the Galactic Empire, an authoritarian government that rose to power in 19 BBY. The Empire was a censorial regime and began systematically hunting down, imprisoning, and executing many musicians and confiscating their music. Lalasha was targeted in one such purge by 0 BBY as a "questionable" individual, and the musician was subsequently executed. Following Lalasha's death, the Empire also purged records of her music.
Despite the Empire's success in suppressing Lalasha's music, recordings of her work eventually came into the possession of the fugitive Devaronian war criminal Kardue'sai'Malloc, who admired Lalasha as a nigh-unparalleled Fizzz player. Once Malloc was finally caught by the bounty hunter Boba Fett in 19 ABY, the Devaronian made his captor promise to sell his music collection—including the works of Lalasha—to a contact, in the hope that it could be redistributed across the galaxy.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Janet Lalasha was first mentioned in the short story Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale, authored by Daniel Keys Moran and appearing in the 1995 Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina anthology book. Moran later made reference to Lalasha once again in The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett, from the 1996 anthology book Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
- Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale (First mentioned)
- The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale and the Star Wars Encyclopedia jointly establish that the Galactic Empire killed Janet Lalasha. According to The New Essential Chronology, the Empire was founded in 19 BBY, while The Essential Reader's Companion dates Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale to 0 BBY, thereby establishing the time period of Lalasha's death.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 242 ("Lalasha, Janet")
- ↑ We Don't Do Weddings: The Band's Tale
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion