|Physical and technical specifications|
Tatooine sand symbol
|Usage and history|
Good luck charm
The japor snippet was a good luck charm given as a gift to Padmé Amidala by young Anakin Skywalker while they were traveling to Coruscant aboard the Naboo Royal Starship in 32 BBY. Carved as a traditional Tatooine sand symbol from a piece of japor ivory wood, it was threaded with a string of jerba leather.
Thirteen years after Anakin gifted it to her, in 19 BBY, Amidala continued to keep the japor snippet in her possession, and she privately wore it whenever she was with her husband. While she lay dying following Skywalker's fall to the dark side of the Force, and after giving birth to her children, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, Amidala gave the japor snippet to Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Skywalker's former master and the future master of her son, to keep for her. However, Kenobi did not understand the significance of her gesture, only understanding Amidala's basic feelings about it, and returned it to her. After her death, Amidala's body held the japor snippet during her funeral procession.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 21"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel