- "I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a japor snippet. It'll bring you good fortune."
- ―Anakin Skywalker gives the japor snippet to Padmé Amidala
Shortly before the Battle of Naboo, the young Anakin Skywalker carved a japor snippet for Padmé Amidala, whom he had become infatuated with on Tatooine. He gave it to her for good fortune, and so she would remember him once he left for the Jedi Order. Years later, after Skywalker and Amidala had fallen in love and secretly married, Amidala still wore the japor snippet around her neck. After her death, and Skywalker's fall to the dark side of the Force, the japor snippet adorned Amidala's body during her funeral on Naboo.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader 6: Vader, Part VI (Appears in flashback(s))