Jar'Kai was a method of utilizing two lightsabers in combat. Asajj Ventress and Ahsoka Tano were two notable practitioners of Jar'Kai, preferring to use two lightsabers as opposed to one. The Besalisk fallen Jedi Pong Krell took advantage of his four arms to use his own variant of Jar'Kai, to great effect, simultaneously wielding two double bladed lightsabers in combat against his own clone troopers on Umbara. Sith Lord Darth Maul took to using Jar'Kai after claiming the darksaber from Pre Vizsla. Darth Sidious was proficient in this style, using both his primary and backup weapons against Darth Maul and Savage Opress on Mandalore.
Although not necessarily masters or regular users of the technique, it was not uncommon for Jedi to use the lightsaber of a downed comrade in conjunction with their own. Notable cases included Obi-Wan Kenobi, who utilised both his own weapon and that of Adi Gallia to duel Darth Maul and later defeat Savage Opress on Florrum; Anakin Skywalker, who used Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber during his duel with Dooku on Geonosis; Kit Fisto, who used his former Padawan Nahdar Vebb's lightsaber against General Grievous; and Kanan Jarrus, who used his apprentice's lightsaber against the Grand Inquisitor on the Sovereign. Kanan also demonstrated his proficiency while dueling the Temple Guards on Lothal. The Grand Inquisitor himself displayed some knowledge, using his own double bladed lightsaber along with the temporarily claimed Jarrus's against a large fyrnock at Fort Anaxes.
During his mission to Rodia, Luke Skywalker attempted to use Jar'Kai when he battled a Ghest using Jedi Knight Huulik's lightsaber and his own. Luke was successful in slaying the beast but admitted it was from "panicked reflexes and really good weapons."
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi