30 meters (wingspan)
|Maximum speed (atmosphere)|
Oversized sublight engines (2)
- "Ugh, I can't believe you're still flying that relic, Jango."
It was named after Fett's mentor Jaster Mereel (who was its original owner). The ship was a Kuat Drive Yards Amphibious Interstellar Assault Transport/infantry.
On a mission to capture a bounty on the prison colony of Oovo IV, Jango flew Jaster's Legacy into the system in another ship's shadow and left it on the surface unguarded. When he came back out of the facility during a prison riot, another bounty hunter named Zam Wesell was trying to slice into the ship. While Fett and Wesell argued about the bounty on Bendix Fust, a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft appeared and fired upon the ship, almost entirely destroying it. In need of a new ship, Jango himself stole the prison's prototype of the Firespray class patrol craft, which he then used to destroy the remaining Firesprays in the hangar bay, and eventually named Slave I.
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia