It was a simplified form of Jawaese that Jawas themselves had accepted to use when dealing with non-Jawas. It provided an additional advantage, as Jawas cannot pronounce Basic language because of their vocal limitations. However, Jawa Trade language did not include the pheromonally-produced emphasis that appears in Jawa language. One word is "Utinni" which is a shout of astonishment or surprise.
Notable non-native speakers of Jawa Trade languageEdit
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Sardu Sallowe
- Luke Skywalker
- Arajen Turmen
- Owen Lars
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 26