- Mob un loo?—"How much?"
- Mombay m'bwa.—"That's mine."
- Tandi kwa!—"Give it back!"
- Untinni!—"Come on!" or "Let's go!"
- Togo togu!—"Hands off!"
- Omu'sata.—"Shut up."
Behind the scenesEdit
Jawa Trade Talk first appeared in the 1977 movie Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Sound designer Ben Burtt created a script for the Jawa voice actors using the African Zulu language, and then sped it up in postproduction. Though the language was only based on Zulu, some native speakers of the language, like The Daily Show host Trevor Noah, can translate.*
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First mentioned)