- "Nasty fight out here. Can't tell friend from enemy half the time. Seps just take off their uniforms and blend into the villages."
- ―Jaynes, on the war on Ord Mantell
Jaynes was a Human male who served as a sergeant in the Republic Army during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Around the year 3646 BBY, he was stationed on the planet Ord Mantell, where he served at Fort Garnik on the island of Avilatan during the Separatist War fought between the Republic and a group of Separatists. While at the fort, he directed new arrivals to one of the base's combat instructors, Lieutenant Forris. Nearly three years after his arrival on Ord Mantell, Jaynes was still serving on Ord Mantell and was stationed at Fort Garnik, where he met a new recruit of Havoc Squad, a well-known elite squad of Republic soldiers.
- "Don't think I'd be here if it wasn't for the instructors at the FG."
- ―Jaynes, when asked about his time spent on Ord Mantell
A Human male, Jaynes was a Republic soldier who served in the Republic Army during the Cold War, a period of unrest between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. During the war, around the year 3646 BBY, he was stationed on the planet Ord Mantell and spent some time at Fort Garnik, the main Republic base on the island of Avilatan. While at Fort Garnik, Jaynes and the other Republic troops stationed there fought in the Separatist War against a group of Separatists attempting to take control of Ord Mantell. While fighting on Ord Mantell, Jaynes found that the Separatists could easily hide themselves in the planet's civilian population by replacing their uniforms with civilian clothes, leading to situations where Jaynes could not tell which people were allies and which were enemies. While on the planet, Jaynes received training from Lieutenant Forris and other instructors at a combat instructor academy located in the fort, which Jaynes credited as saving him during combat situations. By the year 3643 BBY, Jaynes had been stationed on Ord Mantell for nearly three years and was a sergeant. At the time, he was stationed near one of the entrances to the fort where he directed new soldiers to Forris for combat instruction.
While he was stationed at the entrance to the fort, Jaynes encountered a new recruit of Havoc Squad, a well-known elite squad in the Republic Military. When approached by the recruit, Jaynes expressed his pleasure of seeing someone from Havoc Squad and suggested that the recruit go to Forris for combat instruction.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Sergeant. Good to see Havoc Squad colors in the field!"
- ―Sergeant Jaynes, speaking to Havoc Squad's new recruit
Jaynes had black hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. He viewed the war on Ord Mantell as an unpleasant situation, though he saw his position at Fort Garnik as one of the better assignments on the world, due to its excellent training instructors. He attributed his survival during the war to the instructors at Fort Garnik, including Lieutenant Forris, whom he would point out to new military arrivals.
Jaynes had respect for Havoc Squad and was pleased when he saw one of their members in the field at Fort Garnik.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sergeant Jaynes first appears in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 MMORPG produced by BioWare. He is located in Fort Garnik, the central location for beginning Republic characters starting on the planet Ord Mantell. In the game, Jaynes is featured in the Trooper quest "Best of the Best," in which he sends trooper characters to their first Skill Trainer. While the player is not required to talk to Jaynes, this article is written with the assumption of 100% game completion.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Trooper Mission: "Best of the Best" on Ord Mantell
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. By extension, this places the arrival of Jaynes on Ord Mantell three years earlier in 3646 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Date night from Doc identfied the war as the "Separatist War."