- "There is more knowledge here than anywhere else in the galaxy."
- ―Jocasta Nu
The Jedi Archives were a vast library of information gathered by the Jedi Order and found within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. The Archives were overseen by Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian who would assist Jedi in finding the information they needed and also controlled access to the restricted Holocron Vault contained within the library. The Archives contained historical records dating back thousands of years, maps of the entire galaxy, scientific, mathematical and astronomical journals, engineering and technology documents as well as Jedi records on the Sith. It also detailed the geography and cultures of various planets and species across the galaxy, as well as their zoology and botany. Secrets about how the Jedi used the Force and biographies of numerous Jedi's and their identification details were also housed in the Archives. When Emperor Palpatine converted the Temple into his Palace, he allowed the Grand Inquisitor to study the records about the Jedi and their combat forms.
Before the Battle of Geonosis, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi tried to find information on the planet Kamino to find the bounty hunter Jango Fett. He and Jocasta Nu discovered that there was no information on the system. Kenobi and Yoda presumed that a Jedi had erased the information on Kamino.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (Mentioned only)
- Kanan 7: First Blood, Part I: The Corridors of Coruscant
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters" (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know|